Thursday, September 27, 2012

IUI first Puregon Injections and blood work readings

After seeing my doctor on Tuesday, she suggested to start my IUI injectibles on Thursday, today!

I have always been terrified of needles and the idea of poking myself does not appeal to me. Still, a woman got to do what she has to do.

After a 10mins briefing and demo by the nurse, I gave myself my first jab. Despite not being a fan of needles, ( who is?!) , it wasnt as bad as I thought.

The idea is to know where to jab yourself. Area below the belly button, and half the index finger segment away from the belly button on bother sides are the ideal spot. Learnt something new, when rubbing the antiseptic, go circular motion outwards. That is to wipe the germs away and outwards. Going to and fro apparently only move the germs to and fro. Doesnt help. Lesson Learnt.

I was to do a 75mg Puregon jab each time for 6 days.
Unfortunately for me, there is a consecutive holidays in HK on Monday and Tuesday.
My doctor couldnt do much and so the earliest she can review my progress is Wednesday, longer than she like.

I had rem in July, my nurse had told me the "worst least ideal situation" that can happen is for me to get hit by this Oct holiday in the middle of my IUI. Then she commented "What are the odds right" trying to convince me not to worry. I should have told her, I am THAT unlucky, anything that shouldnt happen to others always seem to find its way towards me.

My blood work result came back, but that was on my version of Day 2 period, not Day 3 the ideal day.

The results came back Estradiol(E2) at 82, FSH 3.5, LH 6.1.

I am still concerned that my E2 reads so high.
Even though the last time it was 96, but that was day 3. This time it is at the start of my period and it still reads over 80.

Wish me luck...
I dont even know the quality of my egg, that is if I have any eggs even to begin with.

I am honestly not hopeful.
Keep my hopes down and the less disappointed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment