Thursday, September 12, 2013

Coming to end of 6 weeks. One more week till the next scan

12 Aug 2013 (Thurs)

I should be 6 eweeks 6 days today. I am assuming my little one is still growing inside me.

Had my first scan last sat, which marks the growth as 6 weeks 1 day.
Doctor did a trans-vaginal scan to confirm 2 things. It is not an ectopic pregnancy (AMEN to that) and that there is a sac and yolk growing in the right place. Amen to that too.

Maybe i was just relieved that all is in place that I can't say I was excited or emotional looking at the scan. I think partially it still feels unreal, and also because we are not out of the woods yet so there isnt anything to get particularly excited till. There is another 6 weeks more to safety zone so I guess maybe for emotional self protection, I didnt inject too much of myself into this yet in case sometime goes wrong later.

The doctor said that the size is still a little small less than 2cm so there wont be heartbeat yet though the growth rate seemed ok. So rather than coming in at 7 weeks, we both agreed that it's better for me to come in 2 weeks later at start of 8 week. At least hopefully if all is well, there is more things to see?

Symptoms

To be honest, even though there isnt morning sickness, I have kind of lost the urge to eat. It's not that I find food repulsive, I have images of food in my head but I just dont want to crawl out of my bed to eat. I am happy to just comatose in bed and drink water.

My water intake has also taken a hit and decreased.

The only thing I didnt mind having was green apple and mango, though those Taiwan mangoes are damn hard to come by these few days. So annoying.

Lunch, because I feel so lethargic, I did the unthinkable of cooking instant noodle. I cannot help it. That;s the only thing I wanted.

I felt like there is something at the back of my throat stopping any food desire.

I had fish and chips yesterday, without the batter. Bad mistake. I thot the Dicken Pub @Hotel Excelsior HK would serve decent fish and chip but it was fishy in taste, not to mention expensive.

My body has always hated potato but because I was hunger (not not hungry at the same time) I had a few chip and I felt like shit and dead weight the whole day. It was horrid and I vow not to touch another crappy fish and chip anymore. It was a disaster.

need to figure out what is easy to cook is one thing, having to cook my partner's dinner is the tiring part.

No comments:

Post a Comment