Wednesday, December 25, 2013

23dec: IVF round 2: Frozen Embryo Transfer #1 (FET)


Finally the day is here.

Initially we thought about using 2 embryo but Dr Lok said we can consider the single embryo since she thinks its good quality. At this point, I honestly dont have an opinion and left it to her.

My man has already flew back to Australia on 21st Dec and so this time round, I am on my own.

It's fine really. No fuss, no high, no excitement.
In fact, all excitement had long fizzled out since the last failure and so I'm just going in as if it was just another day. In fact, I had been pretty laxed and didnt take my estraferm on time and I even got the dosage wrong. The scan had revealed that I had a uterus small polyps which wasnt there before...I suspect its the hormones pills...anycase Dr said its small and most likely not cancerous and so we can leave it unless it becomes an issue in future..

My appointment was supposed to be at 14:30pm but since there were 5 others doing the FET, mine was delayed till 3.30pm. Which was fine since I went to pee at 2.15pm as I couldnt hold my bladder and I had to replenhish with another 4 cups. So I needed that 1 hour for my bladder to refill.

I think I over did it and I was really suffering in agony from full bladder. Dr Lok came in and told me I can go pee so long I dont empty my bladder. Since I didnt know exactly how much pee I have and I didnt want to botch my op from empty bladder (hence poor visbility on the screen), I let off only a little since I knew once the main flow gets started, I may not be able to control and stop myself from not emptying it.

Because of the Polyps, there was small bleeding which means your discharge is pink instead of white.
I saw the embryo again on the screen, bright like a star and all I can do is pray.
I dont even dare to hope anymore.
I guess that;s what first failure does to you. I dont know how some can go through so many rounds.

Before Dr Lok left, she told me that I have 6 frozen em left and I replied "I hope I dont have to use them after this" She gave a chuckle and agreed and wish me good luck.

I went back home famished.
I just made chicken soup and ate some corn and egg.

The nutrition advice is completely different this time.
There was no special mention except to avoid papaya and banana.
I think I will still stick to no liver as well and eat my eggs.

It will be another long 14 days (2WW) wait and on the 30th I have to go in check my progesterone and 6th Jan for blood test. I think before that, my HPT will tell me if I;m successful or not. Based on the below chart, I have 9 more days to wait.

3-Day Transfer

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
 Embryo Development
 OneThe embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
 TwoThe cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
 ThreeThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell 
 FourThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
 FiveThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation 
 SixImplantation continues
 SevenImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop 
 EightHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream 
 NineFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
 TenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
 ElevenLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 

Perhaps, I have lesser hope now, assuming I have poor quality eggs...this 2WW doesnt seem as daunting as the previous round. I still pray for the best but I think I am def less excited this time round.

No comments:

Post a Comment