Sunday, January 5, 2014

4weeks2 days (14dp3dt) : Decision to defer my u/s

My original u/s was due on 17th Jan. However, after looking at the pregnancy week by week calendar, I decided to push it backwards by a few more days to 21st Jan.

You see, 17th Jan (Friday) is estimated to be end of 5weeks. So that means apart from verifying whether the sac is planted correctly, i cannot see anything and I will prob have to (worry) and come in again just the day before chinese new year to see if there is flickering heartbeat at close to 7 weeks.. That would means I have to pay the scan twice which isnt cheap (at least HK$1000+ x2) just to see if its viable.

However if i pushed it to 21st Jan, I should ( ideally for a healthy development) be able to see at least flickering scan if its a viable birth since the date puts me at about mid of 6week. If I dont see anything or the prognosis isnt good, then I know I can get prepared mentally and get started on the inevitable earlier than wait around for another 2 more useless weeks. Since now that I know my hCG drops so slowly, I am better prepared to anticipate what to do now.

If I can see something, then at least it will be a good new year and can wait till my next scan after CNY to see what happens.

Hoping. Really hoping. and crossing my fingers.

I was looking at all the "possible" scary dates from 6wk, 8 wks, 10wks, 12wks.
They either falls on CNY, near Valentine, near my birthday. It's almost freaking scary that all my pregnancy milestones are always around those important dates. If this baby can be good enough for a live birth, then its due will be exactly the same date as the day I was pronounced with miscarriage in Sept this year. Talk about coincidental....

I'm actually less uptight about the weeks and dates now this time round. I pushed it out of my head. Had to check again online to find out what I am today and i'm feeling alittle moody with my man.

Last night, my area behind my belly button felt funny. Twinges, tugging pain.
Not sure if its a good or bad thing.
Still drinking alot of water.
Still no nausea nor swollen boobs symptom and healthy appetite.

Also ate alot of oysters these two days, cooked ones of course. They were having 4+1 promotion and the French oysters looked really good!!! Fat and juicy. Well, they tasted cooked. I hope i didnt do something stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment