Wednesday, January 8, 2014

4weeks 4 days (16dp3dt): Ramblings

4weeks 4 days (16dp3dt)

Time seems to fly past when I'm not hung up on dates.
Today, I dropped by my TCM to pick up some herbs which is targeted at potential mothers with miscarriage history. Hopefully this will help.

I still feel normal and the same.
I did a pee test yesterday and ok, it says 2-3 weeks now. Hope that means my little bud is growing, alive and kicking inside, figuratively speaking of course.

Compared to the last round, despite the mild cough and sniffling, I feel better in the sense that I dont feel as cold as previously. Also, my weight remains at 52kg. No funny business of dropping down to 49kg like the previous round.

Been eating alot of cherries, so that definitely helped with my bowel business and prevent constipation due to progesterone. Then again, constipation will prob be a more serious problems for mothers with a bigger tummy I think.

In terms of food, maybe its still early but unlike previous round, I dont have much cravings either.
Just the usual food to get back.

The only thing I am waiting to see if it happens is morning sickness.
Of course not everyone who suffers from it will have a live birth but somehow it seems to prove to be a stronger indication. We shall see....

Apart from baby business....I have tons of work mapped out before me!

Been a busy week, finalising the paper work for our new rental place and trying to contact various movers for appointments to get free quotes for the local HK move.

Narrowed down to
- Expert movers (waiting for someone to call me back to fix a date)
- Links Relocation (waiting for someone to call me back to fix a date))
- Santa Fe
- Tradeswind
- Yamato

Definitely ruled out Crown after the disastrous experience I had with my international move with them from Sydney to Hong Kong. Crown Australia is SHITTY and EXPENSIVE and INCOMPETENT. They damaged so many of my furnitures and they couldnt even finish packing in Sydney and I had to chip in to help pack. So no, NO MORE CROWN thank you very much. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with shitty service from them....was trolling the forums and other expats had the same problems with them.

I thought about trying local movers but the thought of them possibly ruining my plasma and other ex furniture made me pause.

Meanwhile, my HK landlord seemed like a really nice chap. I guess being born rich affords to be nice to tenants unlike our previous cheap nasty wannabe rich HK landlord. This new landlord is only 34yo, holds a high position and graduates from Harvard. Very nice chap who had his staff to meet me to discuss about my needs for blackout curtains etc. His only request in contract is no smoking in the premises which is totally fine by me, since personally i HATE smokers and since I was 10yo, I banned all my relatives form smoking inside our house. Yes...I was a terror back then. Good thing all my uncles doted on me and were happy to hole up in the balcony to lit up.

Meanwhile,  informed my part time helper about my move and if she is willing to continue to follow me to my new place. She was more than happy to continue working for us. I joked with her "Thank goodness....at least that means I'm not a bad employer!" Lol! I reckon she prob like my new place better being closer to Central. That means she spend less on transport getting to my place coz she can walk down the escalator.
Everyone's happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment