Sunday, January 5, 2014

We are gonna move!

I reckon this will be a busy 2 months for me. We have decided to move to a bigger apartment, with a roof top.

One of the main reasons for the move was that I was too fedup with the neighbours upstairs constantly stomping around in the morning ranging from 6-8am, and at night after midnight and sometimes even 2am at night. It was impossible to sleep through and even with ear plugs, I could still hear them. Even my hanging lights will shake when they stomp around. Else she would be clumsy and drop things all the time.

The worst is that it isnt kids. It's this skinny HK mother who refuses to lay any carpet or rug over their cheap wooden floor. And their son's room is partially next to our master room and so that big fellow will wake me with any chair dragging or when he decide to throw things on ground.

I tried to talk to her nicely a few times, even offering to buy the rug or indoor slippers but she refused. It was impossible situation.

So after 3 years, much that i LOVE my apartment since everything was customised to suit our life style, I had to move. It was too much stress. I rem my last 2 pregnancies, her stomping caused me much distress and I wasnt able to sleep properly. That cannot be good nor conducive for a healthy birth I'm sure.

So after spending half of dec looking around, we found one in central or rather near midlevels area. It doesnt have a nice view like ours. And its not smacked centrally like mine now surrounded by restaurants and supermarts. However, we are hoping that being on the top floor, it will offer us some quieter nights to sleep in and being lesser neighbors, no more constant renovation noises through the year too.

In a way I'm excited, and in a way nervous.

In Chinese culture, you are not supposed to move during pregnancy.
I'm also worried as to if there are potential molding problems in new place.
Also need to get rid of the renovation smell.

To say i will not miss my beloved apartment and all my lovely EXPENSIVE furnishing will be a lie. Though I must admit I did design this place "minimally" with possible renting it out in mind. I will miss my very expensive lights, and my very expensive curtains. Still wondering if I can move mine along to the new place but I think the height might be a problem.

Anycase...I try not to think too much. Just hoping this will be a brand new start and if the baby sticks, at least we have a bigger place to work with and play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment