Friday, August 23, 2013

11dp5dt..my hCG beta bloodwork result is out.

24th August 2013 (Sat)

The nurse called me at 9.30am. She told me that I could go have my blood test today instead of waiting till Monday. However, she told me to hurry if I would like to know the results today as the blood report may take 2-3hours.

I bathe as quickly as I could and walked as fast as I could to the hospital. I was super duper thankful the heavy thunder rain has stopped!

While waiting for my turn to get my blood tested, I did a quick prayer that all will be well and that this will be a sustainable pregnancy. One of my fav lab tech came to call my name. I was thankful. I said fav not because she knows me but rather because I rem her to be the only one who doesnt prick and leave me in pain while extracting my blood.

Seeing my still wiping my perspiration, she asked if I ran here and I sheepishly nodded my head while sharing with her that the nurse who called me told me to hurry if I want my report results today. The lab tech was soooooo nice, she told me she would indicate to process my blood asap so that the result can reach Dr Lok in time before their sat shift is over. (They close at 1pm)

Blood test cost = HK490

When it was over, I grabbed a cab back with another super taxi driver. I am not kidding when I say I feel like these few months has been smooth sailing after a very hard painful early few months. It's almost like God was giving me a break and all the timing was just perfect, like the raining timing, catching the right nurses, etc etc.

If I say its not an anxious wait, I would be lying. As my life has a penchant for jinxing anything I desperately want or hope for or if I get too happy over something, I try to taper my excitement and tell myself to think the worse rather than the best.

I googled the normal hCG level, trying to see what my level might be when the nurse call me with the results later. I was checking through this blog (link) which has compact info and interesting link.

There is a nifty calculator for IVF mums, and there is a calculator for 5 day blast embryo. I thought it was amazing!

5-DAY PREGNANCY DUE DATE AND FETAL DEVELOPMENT CALCULATOR


After that, I decided to be more constructive and went about vaccuming the floor instead to take my mind off the test results.

At 12.30pm, my phone rang. My heart stopped a beat.
It was an unlisted number and so I knew it had to be the hospital.

What threw me off was the person addressing me by my English name instead of the cantonese name. Then the caller identified herself as Dr Lok. I was caught off guard. I was expecting the nurse to call me and not the doctor. My heart sank alittle until I heard the next line "Congratulations! You are officially pregnant!" 

I am not kidding you when I say that was the foggiest 5seconds in my life. It's like your life was frozen for that 5 seconds with a million flashing thoughts. Seriously?!!! I asked her. She laughed and said yes. 

Then she told me the tingling sensation etc is normal, so long as its not continuous and not bleeding alot. She also told me that the nurse will call me later to confirm the drop in medication dosage. Then she said the nurse will call to arrange for scan in 2 weeks time. Really? Seriously?
No kidding?

I am still catching my breath

I couldnt resist but to ask again "So I dont have to come in for 2nd time to test my hCg again to reconfirm?" She said "No. The figures are good. You dont have to." She still didnt give me the hcg level.

My husband was by my side when he saw my grin mixed with disbelief. 

Finally the Dr Ingrid told me to rest well and she will see me soon. 
I thanked her, hung up the phone and scream in delight!!!

I honestly still cannot be believe it!
I dont even dare to be too excited. 
My man and I are cautiously happy. 
We agreed that we are not out of the woods yet and now is the critical period where m/c is possible. 

I am hoping this will become a nice Xmas surprise for grandpa and grandma when we fly back to Australia in Sydney. I honestly pray and hope so.

For now, I shall get back to cleaning the house and getting my man to wipe off the black moulds off his study room wall which he has ignored for 3 months since my last attempt to clear themexcept those behindthe heavy cupboards..

Wish me luck ladies.
I need it! 




1 comment: