Friday, August 9, 2013

IVF Egg fertilization report : DAY 1

9th August 2013, (Fri)

My phone rang at 10am. I wasnt expecting any call so I just let it ring since I was trying to poo but unsuccessful. I didnt want to squeeze it with my inflated ovaries.

Thankfully I had 9 eggs collected from EACH ovary. That's probably why both my ovaries felt about the same though I felt the left ovary to be more tight. I sneezed once when sitting up and
I felt a mild tugging on the left and I quickly bent over to reduce any stress. After this, the trick I discovered was to sneeze laying on your back or sitting, holding both knees inwards towards the chest. This helps to prevent any tugging feeling for me.

Anycase, back to missed call.
I picked up my mobile only to see "Blocked" under missed call. Ok, that can only be from HK Sanatorium hospital. So I quickly grab my land line and called back to find out the results.

The lady from the lab was very very nice.
First she congratulated me on being so great to produce 18eggs. I told her it was credit to my doctor really to monitor my medication.

Then comes the verdict. I held my breath.
Previously, prior to egg collection, Dr Ingrid discussed to have half of the eggs ICSI and the other natural fertilisation. I am happy to listen to her advice since both of us have no idea or expectation of how my eggs response to the sperms, or if my eggs have a hard shell that makes it hard for natural fertilisation.

So the lab lady broke down the report by category.

With ICSI report.
Out of the 9 eggs, they found

- 2 abnormal eggs
- 6 fertilised
- 1 looking abit abnormal

With natural fertilisation report.
Out of the 9 eggs, they found

- 3 unfertilised
- 6 fertilised.

Okie. So my total is about 12 fertilised viable eggs on Day 1.

I should be thankful.
I thanked the lady and pray for news tomorrow.

I really am thankful that I randomly picked Dr Ingrid at this moment.
Her "medication" control is excellent and hence I didnt feel much side effects to date. However I read that some OHSS have a late onset...so I am still drinking alot of water.

Diet

Instead of Gatorade which is the common "advice" in western countries, I decided to drink fresh coconut juice instead. Due to the sugar, I only drank once a day in the day so that the sugar can stabilised during the day, and hopefully the 1.5litre of water a day will help my kidney filter better.

Breakfast:
- 2 fried egg with avocado on bread.
- 1 glass of milk
- 2 dragon fruit because I really needed to poo.

Dinner for that night.
- Still chicken soup








No comments:

Post a Comment