Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8dp5dt. Found mild blood stains in discharge.

21 Aug 2013 (Wed)

8 days past 5 days embryo transfer milestone.
It's such a roller coaster ride!!

Today I woke up, headed to the loo and found 3 lump of blood stains amid my crinone white chalky discharge. Ok, I must say it stunned me. All the freaky questions popped into my head "is this bad? It's too little to worry right? It cannot be the start of my period right? Is this like bright red or brown or brownish red?" Ok I sat there for good 2mins plus before I got up and flush.

Unable to resist, I plough the internet again.
What I found is this about IVF process.
Apparently spotting is normal so long as its not gushing bright red blood like normal period.
I tried to recall my last chemical pregnancy, I vaguely recall I did had discharge too but it was more brown than red, which is what threw me off.


5-Day Transfer

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
Embryo Development
OneThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
TwoThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
ThreeThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
FourImplantation continues
FiveImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
SixHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
SevenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
EightFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
NineLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

Chart Source Credit: NYU Fertility Center

I think I cannot hold it and am gonna head out to do another POAS (Pee on a stick) HPT test tomorrow. I need to get this airy floaty non concrete feeling out of the way.

Meanwhile, I will focus on my getting contractors to fix up my window and aging window rubber that is causing the water to seep into the rooms. I know its a taboo in Chinese culture to do any renovation work at home but like as if I have a choice. Living alone without friends or relatives in a foreign land, and husband has to work, things just need to be done especially with all the series of crazy tyhoon storms swirling around and passing through Hong Kong.

I do wonder about other cultures. I rem my sister and brother in laws renovating their room back In Australia when they had their first child. Everything turned out well. So I am crossing fingers for myself. Then again, let's wait and see if I am actually successfully carrying one first. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment