Saturday, August 3, 2013

My IVF injections doctor follow up scan #2@ HK Sanatorium Hospital

3rd August 2013. (Sat)

Comes my 2nd evaluation and scan.

Progress looks good. The follicles are growing nicely and they are about 11mm now on both sides. It seemed as if my right ovary has one more in quantity than my left, though its my left that I felt occasion twinge.

However, because it looks as if there are MANY other follicles there, so Dr Ingrid told me she will reduce my Gonal F dosage to 100mg instead which works for me. At the same time, she told me she will start me on the suppression drug to prevent ovulation for 3 days, starting today on Sat. We were anticipating egg retrieval on Friday if all goes well!

Excited!

So as usual the nurse prepared me for the jabs but no one had pre warned me that the suppression jab Orgalutran (0.25MG) hurts like hell!!! OUCH! It makes the Gonal F jabs pales in comparison! The pain level was at 7 for the suppression jab. Plus, it definitely left a nasty purple black dark bruise. However it was localised to a small penny size due to icing. Important reminder, do NOT rub on the injection. It will cause bruising. I forgot since it hurts like hell and I shook on it. BAD mistake...

No comments:

Post a Comment