Saturday, August 10, 2013

IVF Egg fertilization report : DAY 2

10th Aug 2013 (Sat)

This time round, I am expecting the call at 10am so I woke up slightly past 9.45am.

This time round it's a different lady and she isnt as "detailed" as the last.

She didnt do a breakdown as per ICSI vs natural fertilsation but gave me a total that the number of viable eggs stands at 11 eggs.

I requested to know the status of the cells breakdown and she quickly gave me the report as below:

3 eggs - 2 cells
1 egg - 3 cells
6 eggs - 4 cells
1 egg - 8 cell

I didnt know if it's good or bad that some of my eggs are growing so quickly. The lab lady isnt optimistic about the 8 cell egg, so to me, I have written that off and consider myself to be left with 10 viable eggs.

I asked the lady so what happens from here. What happens if my eggs dont look like it will survive to Day 5, and if I need to do Day 3 transfer. The lab lady stunned me saying that she dont think Dr Ingrid will let me do transfer this cycle, because she reckons I will need a good environment before the embryo with stick. Meaning, to let the drugs wear itself out first.

I was slightly disappointed but I understand the process. So again I thanked her and prepared to get dressed for my appointment at 11.30am with Dr Ingrid.

Doctor's appointment.

I was expecting a long wait with all the sat crowd but I didnt have to wait long! They scheduled me in promptly on time! That's a first!!

I was seated and prep for the ultrascan and Dr Ingrid came into the room smiling asking how I was feeling. I told her all is well and it didnt feel like I had a recent op. She said that's good and now to check for fluid in my ovaries.

Usually I hate Mr Wandy probing round my right ovary and it hurt like hell but because its swollen, I didnt feel a thing as it was easily scanned. My right ovary looks ok but of course slightly swollen. My left ovary has some fluid which Dr Ingrid pointed out to me on the TV screen. If I rem correctly, I think my ovary is about 7 cm if I catch them correctly?

After the scan, I got dressed and went to the office.
Dr ingrid seemed optimistic on my Day 2 report and my current health status. She said "I think we can go embryo transfer on Day 5"

I was stunned.
After the lab lady, I was expecting her to tell me to go back and rest but Dr Ingrid seemed satisfied with my body condition to proceed.

She did explain however that she would want to pick 2 best embryo from both categories and freeze them on Day 3. This is to prevent me from losing all my eggs and so that we have something to use for FET in future. I agreed with her.

She looked at the report and told me she dont think it's likely I will get zero eggs surviving to day 5. I was abit relieved but I wont count my chickens before the eggs are hatched. I know Day 3 is an important day where everything can go south. She also suggested for me to go for a Hcg Jab on Sunday to prepare for the Day 5 transfer.

I thanked Dr Ingrid before I left, for a beautiful job she did for me and she humbly replied it was nothing.

I went home and was starving.
My man cooked my fav grilled chicken wings with honey chilli sauce. It wasnt spicy but it was yummy. Greedy me ate 7 wings and I think I overate and went straight to sleep shortly after at about 2pm.

BAD MISTAKE

I woke up at 6pm.
I felt really nauseous.
However my husband had booked dinner out at La Brasserie at Conrad HK hotel at 7pm so I figured I better go have a quick dinner.

Unfortunately, the feeling of nausea didnt go.
We sat there for 1.5hr waiting for our food. Annoying.
What was worse was that I felt like puking and went to toilet but had a couple of burp instead. I didnt want to sit and so walked around abit. I went back and chased after my food, it was soooo long. Meanwhile my man and I kept ourselves occupied with browsing OHSS on our mobile and chatting.

I asked him how long he wanted to try on IVF and he said as long as I can handle it. He reckoned my body will hate the jabs at some time. I told him, I think I can only handle for another year or so. Afterwhich, we may consider adopting.

Also, because IVF is prone to miscarriage and possible abnormal fetus, we both agreed that we probably wont tell anyone, including our families till the baby is viable to prevent disappointments and undue sympathies and hassles. I hate Chinese mums fussing over babies to be and knowing how much my mother in law hopes for a grandchild, I dont want to give her false hopes either. As for my mum, I dont think I can stand her nagging and so I really go stress free without having to worry about her. Then again, I have always been a low profile person. I dont normally tell anyone anything until the deed is done...prob why some of my frens didnt even know I was married till 2 years after, and my mum only few months before the wedding with absolutely no room for opinions or interference!

Finally my seabass came and it was horrid. I couldnt even touch the 2nd fillet and feedback to the manager.

He offered dessert but we cant have any of that so he offered fresh food.
We had raspberry and blue berries with strawberries. It was good for me since i felt off but some berries were off so I stopped.

Dinner was a disappointment but I did feel better.
The nausea feeling left thankfully.

I measured myself that night and my weight has gone down from 53.4kg on a full tummy to 52kg on a full tummy. My waist is now 82cm. Happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment