Sunday, August 18, 2013

5 days past 5 days embryo transfer

18th August 2013 (Sun)

The 2 weeks wait is almost like an endurance game, as well as a test. A Test to see if you have what it takes to be a mother. The patience, the tolerance, the building acute sense of observation, the ability to keep your emotions in check.

It's virtually impossible not to goggle the web and read about other people's experiences. All those mums to be and new mums having already gone down this path. 

It's 5 days past now. Another week to go.
Am going in to have my progestrone checked tomorrow.
Since it doesnt tell you if one is pregnant, it is not something to get excited or nervous about.

Last night though, in the middle of the morning at 4.30am, I had the sharpest pain at the lower side of my abdomen and slowly it develop into a stomachache. I hoped to sleep it off but it was futile. So I got up, went to toilet and had a minor bowel movement. As I bend over, my tummy felt better and the pain gradually ebbed away. 

I will be lying if I say I didnt wonder at that instant if that is stomache or implantation pain. However, the fact that i DID have bowel movement is a very conflicting and confusing symptom too. 

I couldnt get back to bed. I was wide awake. I laid down in the living room sofa and next thing I knew, it was 7am. I finally got tired again and went back to sleep, a restless one.

I jumped off bed and realised it was 11.30am. 
Shit!

I panicked for a second coz I was 1 hour behind my usual time to take my Estrofem pills as well as doing my CRINONE 8% (progesterone gel), the vaginal inserts.

I calmed down alittle and when I was done, had my breakfast, massage and its time to cook dinner afain...



No comments:

Post a Comment