Monday, August 5, 2013

My IVF injections doctor followup #3 @ Hk Sanatorium

6th August 2013 (Tues)

I had to get my blood work out on Tuesday morn for Dr Ingrid. So I had to go in at 8am.

I had to wait till 11.30am before the report was out to see Dr Ingrid. She apologised for the wait but it was ok since I brought my books to read.

My third followup on scan to see how my growing follicles are doing. Apparently they are doing great! I was so happy that they are about 17-18mm in size for both sides! Talk about happy about being uniform growth. It's credit to Dr Ingrid. She must have controlled my stim injection dosage well. And strangely, this is the first and only session that Mr Probing Wandy did not hurt me like hell when she was scanning the right ovary. Normally, it was a searing tearing pain but this time because it was swollen, so it makes it easier for her to scan without having to probe so far in. Yes, I think I have deep seated ovary and my inverted uterine did not help.

So when we went to her room and to my surprise, she said she would go ahead with my egg retrieval on Thursday! Yeah brought forward by 1 day and NO MORE stim drugs or suppression drugs! During the review, she did mention that my readings E2 was slightly on the high side but she said not to worry.

I looked at my report and it said E2=10848 pmol. I dont know what is the norm but since she said not to worry, I wont.

Instead, I had to go to the outpatient to get my DECAPEPTYL INJ 0.1MG 1ML [0.2MG] injection at 9pm that very night. So that means I will have my operation on 9pm on Thursday morning. I prob will be her first patient for the day. Yeah!

So that night, after dinner, I walked to HK Sanatorium at 8.30pm and waited for my Jab. What they didnt tell me was that Ovidrel was prefilled and it takes 2 jabs!!!

This is the MOST PAINFUL jab of them all. Pain level at 8-9. I dont know if its the nurse, or the med itself, or the fact that the jab was done half a finger length away from the belly button instead of the usual full index finger length away. Anycase, I really couldnt move after the jab as the pain was spasming  thru my lower body to my ovaries. Good thing i brought my ice pack and it felt better after 5 mins with the pack laid over the injected area, The coldness must have took the edge away.

I couldnt walk home, so I grabbed a cab back.

During the whole 9 days of Ivf stim injections, my body seemed to react fine to it. No bloating, no funny feeling. My ovaries felt fine too. I am thankful since I read ALOT of horror stories about sore ovaries etc.

After injection, my body was fine too thankfully. In fact, I continued to maintain a healthy appetite! However, I definitely did increase my intake of boiled filtered water. Maybe my physiotherapy back massage helps too since my back was still sore during the first 6 days but its better now thank god!

During all these time, life goes on as per normal. I didnt ask for extra pampering from my husband nor do I need him to company me. I felt fine to do things as per normal with minimal change in lifestyle. I'm used to being independent so if I had him tagging along, I would be more stress. My husband still have no clear idea how this IVF works except he did feel sorry for my tummy bruise and did ask if there is anything he can do. He did do one thing I hate, he helped washed up the dishes and pots after I cooked dinner since I really dont want to stand by the sink for prolonged period due to my back recovery. He was sweet.

I told him to clear his sperms by yesterday which he did (since we thot the retrival was on Friday). So hopefully they will be alright on thursday...fingers crossed. Dr Ingrid didnt do another check since the last report 2 years back, and his sample last year for IUI was graded to be very high on motility. So I really hope this batch will be good too.... Go boys go!

No comments:

Post a Comment