Monday, August 19, 2013

IVF 6dp5dt: Progesterone blood work result is back and about Crinone gel 8% usuage

Okie. Hospital called to say my progesterone is now at 59.97 (no measurement units) and that the doctor is satisfied with my current level, without a need to increase the dosage of my vaginal inserts.

The nurse went on to remind me about the blood test next Monday.
Seriously, AS IF I need any reminding?!! Lol.

Speaking of Crinone 8% gel inserts, I'm not sure what all the negative online fuss is about from some other IVF patients. They claimed its messy, etc etc.

Frankly, I dispute all those claims. They are far from messy, and in fact I think they are a breeze to use without any pain and discomfort. I read about all those progesterone oil injection leaving HUGE bruises on their butt....honestly, I dont understand why woman will want to put themselves through such unnecessary pain?

The gel is whitish and once inserted, much contradictory to some claims, it DOESNT flow out immediately. Neither do you need bed rest for it after application, life goes on. What you do need though is standby good quality pantyliner (use the kotex organic ones) to draw any discharge quickly away

I have read reports about constantly feeling discharge flowing through, and again, i have to say I didnt experience any of that. While I do need to change my panty liner, it's more to more watery vaginal secretions than usual but nothing excessive nor messy. You do not see chalky white all the time, only maybe rare occasions a few times a week. I did read somewhere that crinone gel (cream) works when u see increased water discharge.

Sometimes I think (personal view), i think when there is enough buildup inside the cervix area, it just gets dislodged and passed out together with our normal discharge. Otherwise, everything else is per normal.

The only thing I try to make sure is that I try to do the inserts same time each day.
I dont know...I just assume I should though there is no specific instructions otherwise.

One thing to note though, if you leave your panty liner unchanged over a long time, you may start to itch down there. That is prob one of the minor side effect but normally if you change your panty liner frequently (i change mine every 2-3 hours which by default 4hrs max is the norm even without crinone gel), u wont feel any itch.

No comments:

Post a Comment