Sunday, August 11, 2013

IVF Egg fertilization report : DAY 3

11th Aug 2013 (Sunday)

The nice lab lady from day 1 called again!
Again, I missed her call because I was trying to take a dump after feeling constipated since Thursday. I didnt want to squeeze my tummy but I know "the harvesting" time is near.

I called her back but she was busy and so it was a long 30mins wait.
I had nasty thoughts. What if its delayed because its bad news and she needed to frame her thots?

Finally she called me back at 10.30am and she sounded ok, though not as chirpy as Day 1.
Today is the eggs grading day!

ICSI egg report

4 eggs - Grade 2
1 egg - Grade 2-

Natural fertilisation

6 eggs - Grade 2

I was slightly relieved. SO far the 10 eggs seemed to make it! However, I am surprised the 8 cell eggs from Day 2 was still in the race!

I asked the lab lady if the G2- is the 8 cell egg and she replied yes after saying I'm a smart gal. Lol.

Again, the lab lady repeated what Dr Ingrid had told me. about the 4 embryos to be frozen.
Apparently, the natural fertilization will be stored individually while the ICSI ones will be store together.

I asked her what is the difference for different techniques and she told me so that the embryo cann be thawed individually when required for FET. Ah so I see! It didnt occur to me about the thawing part. Lol.

Then the lab lady said they wont call me tomorrow because they tend to leave Day 4 eggs along to continue to do their work. She said sometimes, Day 4 is the day they either stop or they will split into more cells rapidly so they wont disturb the eggs.

I am crossing my fingers.

Sunday Injection

I went to outpatient to get my jab at 12.30pm,. This time round its only 1 jab, still at the butt area.
Apparently, the nurse rem me because I am the only IVF patient she knew that always ice my injection spot prior the jab. Interesting. I thot it would be more prevalent. Maybe the rest dont worry about bruising as much as I do.

Halfway through the day, I finally poo.
Thank God.
However, while the first batch was firm and slightly harder, the 2nd batch was too soft for my liking. I hope I am not coming down with a bad tummy.

I snooze again from 5-7pm.
I am tired now prob from the injection.

My breakfast was 2 eggs, and lunch at 3pm I had brocoli in kelp soup, and pan fried salmon.
Usually I like my salmon pink in the middle but I cooked it thru this time and yak, I hated it.

I didnt feel too good either but I didnt want to sleep immediately this time for fear of nausea when I wake.

I felt very full when I woke. I noticed my water intake has lessen because I can stomach less now. My body doesnt seem to want it but my pee is normal. Also, I didnt drink any milk after Day 1 because my body hated it. If it was calcium they needed, I got mine from my vegetables. I read the recent studies that Milk is actually BAD for our body and deplete calcium from our body overtime, and that the calcium from veges are more easily absorbed than that from milk. Plus I dont like dairy products in general so I rather not eat things that make me sick.

I ordered grouper fish soup as I wasnt hungry. I drank ALOT of soup.
However, I think I am feeling abit off from fish. My body seems to not like fish now for some reason. I have no idea why.

I ran out of coconut and supermart ran out too. Damnit! I should have bought more the other day.

I couldnt do as much stretching as I didnt feel good.
I went to bed at 1.30am and fell asleep immediately.
I hope I dont catch a cold from my man

No comments:

Post a Comment